All was going well and according to plan, I'd sold a Microreader, a datong morse tutor and another few bits and pieces. Then it began to go wrong the micro reader didn't arrive at the buyers address and now we are in the process of claiming from the great British postal emporium and me having to refurbish the buyer.
Not the best of outcomes but I've heard of the things happening before and unfortunately it's now happened to me! No doubt I'll pay the money and then all of a sudden it will be returned to me, or turn up at the buyers postal address...typical!
I'm a bit stuck antenna wise at the moment because my MFJ 359 has been borrowed by a friend so I am at a loss without it and cannot design, fix or play antennas at the moment which is rather frustrating. I'd like to do some checks on my latest 30 meter offering at the moment because the SWR is not quite 1:1 its more like 1:5/1:9 and rising probably because of all the gales we've been having but it could definitely do with a service and a quick check more for my sake and sanity.
I hope you all had a good Christmas and Santa provided some good radio equipment for you all, I did rather well especially with a new fire extinguisher for my shack which hopefully I'll never have to use in anger!
I also had a rather nice morse key arrive which is taking a bit of time to get used to but with a little practise I should get there. It's an old Murphy admiralty key which presumably must have some history, but searching via Google I haven't had much luck.
Some of you will notice I've changed the layout and design of the Blog, simply because it's the start of the new year and I definitely wish to start 2016 with a brand new attitude and purpose. 2015 was a ghastly year with bad health for me and others in my family. Bring 2016 let's have a nice new start!