Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Another QRP Kit

I'm beginning to think about building another kit, although what to build is the question, I'm getting the itchy feet syndrome!
I fancy something small like 3/7 watts of power but with a bit of intrigue in the building process to keep me interested. I'm looking at Pacific Antenna they have a nice tri-bander the KD1JV which looks pretty neat and I could set it up for 40, 20 and 30 meters band.

It doesn't look too difficult to build after all I have built a K2! So  it shouldn't be too bad the only problem I have is alignment but I'd cross that bridge when I come to it.
That would certainly keep me busy for a while and use my brain a bit which would make a nice change!

The QRP kits are becoming more and more popular now, especially on sites like eBay I noticed Hong Kong and China are selling lots of cheap 40m kits but only 40m, can't understand why surely there's a call for the other bands.

I 'm a bit suspicious about the 40m instructions, which tends to put me off, if they supplied more details in their adverts I would be more confident in purchasing them.
I find the instructions can definitely make or break a kit and the satisfaction you have in building, if you go through a difficult process it's not much fun. So I've been checking their reviews to see what others buyers have said but it only seems to be for other items not 40m kits!

To all my readers have a happy Christmas and New Year and lets hope 2016 is a good year for Radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment