Sunday, September 11, 2011

Windy Weather on the Way

I knew there was a good reason why I changed my scaffold pole for a proper mast. The Met office has issued a weather warning for possible gales but certainly heavy winds, so I have dropped the cobweb down 15 feet so that it's nice and secure and hopefully no chance of blowing away.
After I'd dropped it down I did a quick tune up and it's suprising how much it effects the receive/transmit capability, the signals were very much down but I had no problem contacting Europe and happily did a quick qso with a French station to make sure everything was as it should be.

Living up in the Cotswolds at 800 ASL I've learn't to realise that that it can get quite windy up here and if the forecast is for gust of 45 mph you can bet your bottom dollar that where we are they will easily reach 55mph and possibly higher. If you hear no more after this post you'll know we been blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment