Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Want a K3!

The other day someone on QRZ asked the question what was the best CW transceiver available in the current market, there were lots of answers but the majority all pointed to one rig, the Elecraft K3. Well I had to check out this wondrous piece of equipment for myself and see what all the fuss was about.
Of course I’d heard about the Elecraft company and the K2 and K3, but never really read up on them or reviewed their performance; cut a long story short, after a good read and pondering over the Elecraft website I’ve decided I’m jealous of all Elecraft owners! Having done the research all I can say is, I definitely want one; in fact I want the K3 and as soon as I can I’m going to buy the kit.

I just love the look and the design, what a beautiful looking radio and of course you have the fun of putting it all together. I’ve even read through the manual to see how difficult it is too build and quite simply it’s not! There’s no soldering required, it’s rather like a jigsaw puzzle but with instructions; and from reading all the reports you have fabulous back up from Elecraft and an online support forum.
But best of all is the price, a brilliant radio that’s in the big boy league but for a lot less money with the added ability to buy and fit the optional extras when you can afford to.

No comments:

Post a Comment