Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Moving Antennas Yet Again!


So with the intervention of my local council I have to re arrange my antenna set up. I have decided to sell my mast and mini Mosley antenna but will keep the hustler as it’s a very good multiband antenna. I will re-fit in my main garden add the ground radials and hopefully be on the air within the week. That done I just have the W3DZZ which covers the lower bands adequately, but I’m tempted to go back to some wire antennas for experimentation.

I like the construction plus the experimental side of antennas, seeing what works and what doesn’t!
I feel I haven’t finished with loop antennas, I’ve built a 20m delta but I fancy having ago building some sort of loop for 30 meters one of my favourite bands. Also I’d like to try a delta loop for the 17m but on fibre glass poles and to this end I have purchased a cheap pre-built antenna that I shall have a play with and see if I can adapt.

The old 20m Delta loop antenna


My local council did not state that I cannot put any temporary antennas in my paddock, so that will be another factor to add to the fun. To sum up, I want to build a couple of loop antennas, perhaps a skywire and a delta loop on poles that must be of a temporary construction, this could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment